About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wordsmith live from London!/ Little Wordsmith business

Hello people, this is me reporting to you live from London, and I am here to tell you that the Nigerians have taken over i repeat, the Nigerians have taken over. This city is no longer an English city, as we all know it is now a world city run by Nigerians and Indians.
Speaking of Nigerians, we interrupt out regular programming to report that tomorrow from as early as dawn, do not panic if you see gorgeous young people dressed in green, white or Nigerian national dress. It is a day of pride because if Nigerians have achieved nothing at all, at least they are free to ruin their country all by themselves, and we must celebrate something or the other, am I right?? Right as true Nigerians, bring out your party clothes, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

and now to the regular programming -a very short piece of made up story for your pleasure. Comments and constructive critics are welcome


"...For the heart of man is desperately wicked..." says the Lord

      Sometimes I want to do bad things, terrible things. Sometimes I plan … things… before I shake myself and keep walking. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of an unnatural light in my eyes when I look in the mirror. Sometimes, I wish for horrible things and laugh before I realize I should stop. Sometimes I watch movies and I identify with the villain and scream internally when people cheer the death of the bad guy. I am your worst nightmare, because it is not the known ones-the crazy drunk, the crack head, the robber or the laughing lunatic that you should fear. It should be me, who sits on the edge of madness every single second, whose limits blur slowly but with certainty every single day.

 

I dream dark dreams. Dreams pulling me to join them in the darkness, to help them become reality. Sheer willpower and my mother’s prayers tie me to the light, and that fragile link holds for one more day.

 

For my sake. for your sake, perhaps it will hold steady. I am not the last of my kind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Wordy you are so funny. I am actually going to get all dressed up tomorrow.
As per ya story - I am engrossed, please write more. It just pulls you in. Really good!

Buttercup said...

lol!!!!

u r right tho, nigerians r takin over..everywhere! im lovin it sha..lol..

wow..that was somn..ur story, i mean..im nowhere near a great writer, so i cant see anythin worth criticisin..i liked it!

Anonymous said...

lol...babe ur som'n else mehn and I like the way u made htat transition from funny to dark...

here's ma repose...

You are not alone my sister...of others as dark as we are from the land of Disturbia I am aware...of the darkness reaching far into us and pulling at our inclinations...cajoling talking to us throught the reflections in the mirrors and the pictures on the wall with endless chatter...keep the darkness burning o dark sister o mine...

wordsmith said...

@ temite: cool i'm not alone in dressing up
@buttercup:thanks!!
@ Chari:ooh you get it . seriously we should co-author something sometime. love the Disturbia reference

Vera Ezimora said...

Words,I was laughing my head off coz I was imagining you giving that news. LOL. That being said, I completely forgot to wear green today. Well, I dunno if I would have, but I gues we'd never know now, would we?? lol.

I have my dark sides too oh; forget al the laugh-laugh I dey do on my blog. Mm mm mm. The things I think in my head.

wordsmith said...

@ vera, thanks for stopping by, but just so we're clear...its a complete work of fiction.. ;)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

lol!!!! you are too much!

I am putting up a pic of my independence day outfit on Friday. It was inspired by Aunty Verastical.

hahaha