About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Friday, May 29, 2009

Only one.

I only like one flavour of ice cream - cookies and cream. I will eat other flavours such as vanilla just because every one is having ice-cream or I need something sweet but I don't get quite that sort of satisfaction i get from two large scoops of oreo/cookies and cream. But I don't eat it too often because that would not be healthy and it is not good for me. There other things that are better for me  that I like to eat too, like cold oranges on a hot day or fresh bananas or just 10 hot buffalo wings after a long 2 weeks of healthy eating and exercise (LOL). 

What am I trying to say?

I saw this episode of Ugly Betty that debated the differences between your first love and your current love. Your first love can make you giddy in ways that you think will be impossible to duplicate but your first love can be so bad for you. There are other things in life than giddiness, which is why your true love and your first love are often not the same thing and your true love will never drive you as crazy as your first love did (I hope!) Like the way the feel of that cold cold orange on a hot Lagos day will never make you fat or guilty later on.

I was thinking of my first love recently and how the people I thought I liked before don't compare to how i felt (feel?) about him. Oh but how bad for me he is, especially if he knew what was going on in my mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like this post is incomplete...
what is going on in your mind?
How bad is he for u?...
Dnt keep us hanging...

~Sirius~ said...

I know what you mean!!!!

That whole 1st love true love thing.

In addition: Most times even when we find our true loves- we see ourseleves wanting somethings from 1st love.

wellsbaba said...

u know,i still wonder y first loves have so much lasting effect on us...
but what u have said is true though..what "feels" better might not necessarily be whats best for us

Tigeress said...

Yeh i watched that episode. I strongly find Betty irritating, but i still watch it. I think she messed up in that particular episode. But...........what do i know.

As for ice cream- i think i'm the only female who doesnt go gaga over ice cream. I dont dislike it but at the same time i dont exactly like it.