About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Legend...wait for it...




...ARY!!*
2009. 

It's coming...

I wonder what it will be like.

2008 has to have been my Best Year Ever.

I went to 5 countries (6 if you include transits)

I made friends who I love even when I'm fighting with them

I saw the Lion King and Wicked live at the theatre in London

I fell in love even though it didn't work out

I felt truly beautiful for the first time

I grew as a person and learnt to understand my limitations

I got this place to experiment with my writing :)

I was happy.

I pray 2009 will be better for me and for everyone reading this...

This is also for every one going through a hard time at the moment. 2007 was horrible for me and if I had given up, I would never have experienced this truly amazing amazing year. It wasn't always easy as my previous depressing posts will show, but on the whole, my memories consist of a warm happy feeling...

I believe next year can be that year for you, if you let it

*Neil Patrick Harris on HIMYM brought that phrase to my attention

7 comments:

doug said...

Awww. That was a word in season for me. Danke. How's Nigeria treating you?

Abujamaiden said...

I hope my 2009 is better than 2008 especially with academics (which was at its all time low).

Have a Happy New Year...

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great year. Here is to an even better 2009. Cheers!

Vera Ezimora said...

I hope to have a beaurriful 2009.

five countries??? Babe, you bad o

Mz. Dee said...

aww wordsmith i think i know how u feel! I was a bit confused bout my thoughts on this year too..

Oh well. goodluck to us all in 09!

africa entertainment plus sports said...

Happy New Year !

Anonymous said...

Hi

I saw Wicked! But for my 18th birthday, it was a gift. I hope you loved it as much as I did. The acting was just as good as the visual and aural effects (can you tell I loved it? Or am I not advertising it enough? - Lol)...

I'm sure 2009 will be even better than your amazing 2008!

Take Care,
Therapy x