About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

No words required

I was talking to my brother recently and it was brought to my attention that i have a lot of pent up man rage. I had never realised that I was so angry at men, and i don't even want to be, because its such an ugly stereotype of black women. He was telling me that i should find a boyfriend, and i said well me I am here for the lucky man, because I am tired of being on the lookout. so he laughed and said how many boyfriends have i had to be pissed off. Now, the thing is, it is the near misses that made me mad. 
  • All the guys that call and call and then remember they have a girlfriend when you're in town. 
  • The ones that ALSO call and call but at the end say it's not you it's me, while they are safely in India - and still keep calling wtf? (this actually just happened and is still fresh, and I can only laugh) 
  • the wowo ones, 
  • the fine ones who like you but cant help but be players ( in their own words, in my opinion, as long as youre not an animal, YES, you can help yourself, you just don't want to),
  •  the hippies, (pot heads, lazy types, i mean pot cant be too bad once in a while but mehn everyday?)
  • the nigeria-haters, 
  • the any-intelligence-displayed-means-you're-acting-white, 
  • the too-holy,
  •  the cheap let's-hang-out-at-micky-d's (for God's sake I'd rather we cooked, I'm not a golddigger, I just need some style in my life),
  •  the ones that show up for a date with their friend (?), 
  • the ones that disappear for years and expect you to be single when they turn up (yes I am, but I'm not going to tell you that now am i?)
I'm not even bitter because i'm looking forward to the next guy in my life and I'm hoping that one will be the last. I just am not interested in looking anymore. My sanity can't take it.

I don't pretend to know what men want, but I am here to contend that although women are given all the trouble for always changing their minds, that it is in fact MEN who can never decide what they want. This is why they do all these things that make women unhappy with them and complain about them. Now, I'm not one to say men ain't sh*t like some people are (my personal theory is all people ain't sh*t), but seriously will it be all that bad to see one woman you like, talk to her, once or twice. If it seems that all your yarns flow and that you guys get along great, hang out. If there seems to be K-leg in the matter, here's the important bit, listen: MAKE IT CLEAR THERE AND THEN THAT YOU JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS, or STOP CALLING HER. If there is no K-leg in the relationship, then its best you begin intense flirting and see how that goes, then make a move to make it 'official'. please. don't keep saying , i sorta like this chick but i don't know oooo, maybe? if only? hmmm? lemme see... lemme keep the poor chick in the dark but let me keep flirting with her so that she doesnt have time for any guy more interested than I am and so so and so.
humpff

***DISCLAIMER: I HAVE LOTS OF MALE FRIENDS, I'M JUST CRANKY AT MR.INDIA AT THE MO***

6 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

First??? Yay!

Vera Ezimora said...

Anyway....

Babe, sorry jo. Lotsa things happen in the male-female relationship. Too many things are buzzing in my head, so I'm not even gonna bother saying it all.

doug said...

ummm...ok you're so on point with some of this stuff that I'm a bit suspicious of you being a certain girl right now(or being her friend). I think I'll just let you win this one.

Anonymous said...

Wordy, Men ehn, I will not even start. This people drive me crazieeee! Seriously.

ibiluv said...

its hard!!!!!!!!!

but i know........one of the few good ones.....will find me.....


i'm not searching either!!!!!!!!

deola said...

Hmmm!