About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So, i got a letter from myself...


Basically every year I send emails to my future self on my future self's birthday because it is cathartic to think I will get out of whatever issues are bothering me at some point in the future... I was kind of unhappy in this one so there are a lot of typographical errors-i was yet again being extremely insecure- I don't know why I always do that around this time every year. You can ask questions about what became of the further stories in this letter. There is so much to tell about October 2007 and I don't know where to start....so readers decide :) I will paste questions and answers here at the bottom of this letter. 



The following is an e-mail from the past, composed on Tuesday, October 30, 2007, and sent via FutureMe.org

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Dear FutureMe, 

I wonder if you remember this feeling of utter hopelessness. Please be alive to read this message.. Don't give up. Things have to get better. I hope you're happily looking forward to going abroad. I hope you're much happier anyhow. I hope you have friends who don't ignore you when it pleases them. I hope that you have found that niche where you belong. I hope that you are in love with someone who loves you back this time. If he doesnt love you back, stop it before you really get hurt, don't let it happen again.


I hope yo know what you want. I want you to never let other people's actions affect the way you feel about yourselves. Don't do it its not worth it. This is just that part of your life that maybe you won't achieve qite as much as you wish to.


Move on. Please don't still be dwelling on the Frenchman.


I love you. 


You're not fat.


Really. 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number First!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmn...this a really nice initiative...think I'ma write one o those...

Frenchman? I'm french! lol

I am saying pele dear to the PAst you

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm!!! I wonder if there is any difference from last year's note and the one you wrote this year. It could be a good way to see how you've grown! Hmmm I think I am going to give it a go. Its funny but I use to feel very similar to what you wrote but now I am so different from that. I think what I want to say is - it can only get better. If you work on it, you will grow out of all the doubts or maybe change what you are doubtful about. I now know that I am stunning but now I worry about my grades and my career instead of my looks... Ummm it is well sha.

Vera Ezimora said...

lol @ not being fat. Hehehehe. We gals have issuez!!!

I sent myself a letter one time. Would definitely love to do it again.

Buttercup said...

Interestin...i just might follow suit too.

I hope ur expectations have come to pass? If not all, some at least..

Lady said...

BUHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! but listen to urself...IT WILL NEVER LIE...U REALLY ARE NOT FAT!!!!! hehe
p.s:xoxo