About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

10 honest things about meee!

I got back to college after about 6 months of being away (for study abroad and other reasons) and found that I am SO behind on my work and recruitment. I've been applying and interviewing for summer internships in a bear market so pray for me ...

Doug tagged me a long time ago on 10 honest things about myself so I'll do that now...

1. I have just realised that I have no idea what I want to do with my life and I'm 20 years old. I used to want to be an Investment Banker, something that is now seeming a poor choice...

2. I have not had a friendly conversation with my father in 3 months and i don't hate him. Our relationship just broke down as a result of several real or imagined slights on both our parts.

3. I think I am happiest when I live apart from my family-we just get along better over the phone...

4. I am really really scared of being fat. Almost obscenely so. But I love eating. lol

5. I am terrible at keeping in touch and some people think I'm fighting with them when the fact is I really never got around to writing that email-but I would never hesitate to help friends who email me out of the blue.

6. I go to a women's college. Yes they exist. Yes, they offer obscenely priced education in exchange for being cooped up in a nunnery. Yes, most times I love it. No, I'm not gay. And it really helps the cause for celibacy though.

7. I used to have a blog but then I abandoned it...then I promised not to abandon this one ever even if I leave for an extended period...

8. I love reading blogs ahhh, and i feel nerdy while doing it...so i call my real world friends just to remind myself they exist.

9. I am geeky in love with Economics. 

10. I am single *wink*


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list!

Is your decision to be an investment banker seeming like a poor choice because of the current world economy alone, or were you rethinking this prior to the economic downturn?

If only I was afraid of being fat! I'm not saying I love being fat but I just wonder what sort of person I'd be if I had an actual fear of the state...can't imagine it!

I love reading blogs too but I'm so shocked at how much time it takes...especially since I tend to leave longish comments!

(PS now why would you be afraid of admitting you enjoyed The Notebook? All is well with me jare...how you dey?)

Afrobabe said...

lmao @ calling ur real life friends to assure urself u still exist..

Those women schools..I went to one as well..(you would have thought I would have found God by now)nrun by reverend sisters, it was a juniorate so you had a choice to either join the convent or beat it to uni a better person..

We were thrown to the world with no defence and no real knowledge of what it would be like...

Buttercup said...

hey u! been a while..

all the best with the internship..

im also confused bout what i wanna do o..its been all about accounting for years now but i recently just switched to management..God help me!

i hope u n ur father can get to a good place..

hmm theres no escaping my family..my siblings n i share an apartment, our parents call every other day n they visit once or twice every year *sighs*

reading blogs sure takes a whole lot of time!

doug said...

Dude! I was gradually forgetting I had a blogger friend named wordsmith. I'm developing a love for Economics too, and I'm in InfoTech.LOL

Can we take your word about the gay part?

I'm single too ***evil grin

Vera Ezimora said...

Now that I think of it, I think I'm bad @ keeping in touch too. It's really bad.

wordsmith said...

@ GNG mostly because of the current economy although I never really meant to be in the business for a long time...
I'm good and the notebook somehow is a cliche for girls...

@ Afrobabe glad to know someone with a similar experience although my uni is not actually a nunnery-i just call it that because its full of women..

@ Bcup thanks for the support

@doug oh really? hmmm

@Vera : i KNOW...we should form a support group, which would fail because everyone would forget to update each other on whats going on...