About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Are my thoughts worth a Penny? : A day in wordsmith's life



Diary Entry:

Today I decided to go to church. I went with my friend Honey*, our other friend Eagle* decided to sleep in. It was a dreary day in London again as we walked there in a freezing drizzle and I was as usual inappropriately prepared for the weather in my ballet flats.






















I was freezing cold and by the time we got to church I couldn't feel my feet despite the fact that they looked cute.
Honey's church is nice. Everyone there is young but married so I focused on the word. The word was about Samson. I realised that Samson was not a very nice man, because he spent most of his time killing people. I wonder if the Philistines thought he was a terrorist. Samson once killed many foxes by setting their tales on fire just to annoy the Philistines. Samson did not like animals very much either, he seemed to be always killing them too. He was also rude to his parents and God. God's love must really be unconditional.

Honey's church is full of nice people. After service they gave us cupcakes like these.




I only had one because I'm feeling very vain at the moment and i don't want to waste all efforts at the gym.


Honey is very studious so she went to the library after church. I had to walk back by myself, which was fine because I felt very whimsical today. It had stopped raining but it was still cold and damp.


I walked through Russell Square on my way home. The ducks have gone somewhere nicer and the little pond looked a little forlorn.


I saw three gay men and a tiny dog in a sweater. I wondered if they were all together or one pair was a couple and the third was an awkward friend trying to be nice.


I saw three thespians practicing their lines. I wondered if they were any good, and maybe they are so bad nobody will let them practice inside.


I saw a bench dedicated to a dead woman by her family and fiance. I wondered what happened. It was very sad.


I wondered if anyone was looking at me and wondering too.


Then I went home and wrote this post


* not real names, obviously

<3

WS

20 comments:

Abujamaiden said...

Was this an oyibo church.

Last time I was in london, it was one 9ja church after the other and they preached money, money, russel&bromleys half of the time.

I also went to one of the sugababes (Keisha) church. Some nice baptist church.

Thanks God for his mercies.....

Anonymous said...

Ummm. You are very observant. I like that it was sort of lyrical. Nice.

wordsmith said...

@Abujamaiden: oyibo o. it's sad when nigerian churches do that

@Temite: thanks. but whats the ummm for?

Anonymous said...

I found these thoughts charming! I need to connect my poor eating habits to how much work I'd have to do at the gym to negate them more often!

Rebirth said...

nice post.........
lol @ abujamaiden

Jennifer A. said...

These thoughts are def worth more than a penny...

I'm wondering how that woman died...

Anonymous said...

hey babe, thanx so muuuuch for sending ur song in! i love it!!! iill put it up wednesday so watch out for it then.
my first time here, so i'll go read now. :)

Emeka Amakeze said...

Your sense of perception is quite keen. You even noticed that all the guys in the church were married.

Emeka Amakeze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

loool...

ehen u, u have query o...how u go upload a pic of cake liek that? we that we're tryna watch our weight...*hiss!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

of which sef...me am not even formin again...shey ur coming to naij in december...I aint asking for the whole of london oh...jus buy me sth shaaa....and puhlease dnt mind ma christmas list abeg[buh if ur bucksed pieces, that's an exception]...holla @ ma inbox if u think am serious...


P.s.: Have I qualified for the title of cooperate beggar yet?

doug said...

Married Christian men and frolicking gay couples..hehehe
You must have had a splendid evening! lol

Chris Ogunlowo said...

lol.

Maybe you have eagle eyes ;)

U'd better remove that cake from this post, or else? ;)

RE: Yeah, it's a raise. How are u?

wordsmith said...

@ GNG lol ---> only started feeling that way after noticing how toned i was gettin lol

@Funms thanks

@Jaycee: Isn't it sad? I just kept thinking about how much love she must have had to get someone to dedicate a bench to her

@Geisha: yipee, don't worry i'll remember you wen i become a star lol

@Chari lol you? watching your weight ke. ko possible. me im not bucksed havent worked in 4 months soo...buh i will get to you soon

@ Emeka: everyone was sitting in pairs o and when i noticed 3 wedding rings i stopped doing aproko and assumed God was telling me to face front

@ doug it was pleasant o

@ AlooFar: or what...how else will i torture hungry ppl like yourself & congrats . ppl are gettin fired but out aloofar is gettin paid even more lol

Zayzee said...

the way you talked about Samson was so funny. love thhe shoes

Shubby Doo said...

a penny for your thoughts? make it a million.

cute ballet shoes in this weather...respect cos i no fit

teebay said...

a girl walkin by herself in the cold, wearin ballet flats..

cant help but wonder wat musta been on d minds of sm people as observant as u.

"notin do u bcos u dey shayo..."

;-)

wordsmith said...

@ Zezi: you should have seen my face , i had never looked at the story of samson so objectively, but it reminded me how truly unconditional Gods love is

@Shubbydoo: its mostly because i came to london with only one pair of boots, im going back to the usa where all my shoes are next semester so i didnt see the point of buying new ones

@teebay: LOL

Mz. Dee said...

i'm glad to be an inspiration to u love!

Yes ur thots are worth a penny...I love the way u made each thot seem so ordinary. Thanks for welcomin me back!

Aphrodite said...

I love the way u write.