About this blog

Here's to uplifting, amusing things to think about or just to laugh about...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

First post

so i just wanted a place to write a little every week and get feedback. that's all..im trying to get more diligent with my writing.

Here's my first thing

Tears are for the weak

Inside me they
pour like water from a broken dam.
They thunder,
leaving destruction and pain,
lots of pain, in their path.

They hurt like something is
physically wrong and
my heart really does feel like it’s
broken in two and leaking,
leaking torrents of tears.

These relentless inside tears are
Unstoppable and free-flowing
They simply
Just won’t go away.

But
Outside me that damn dam stays strong and
I look up and smile seemingly easily
Because a long time ago I learned that
tears are only for the weak.

2 comments:

Little Miss Media said...

i love this. but, i dont think tears are for the weak. i think for something to be fixed, it has to be fully broken first. and so i cry, but then pick up the pieces and mend it again...xx

wordsmith said...

oh i cry pretty easily, tho i hate crying...